Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Beta Sign-ups!

Well, the day is here.

It's time to sign up for the SW:TOR beta and then wait and pray for a slot.

The possibility of an imminent beta announcement was circulated around the net by various blog writers. I got my info from Wall of Text who I've followed since the late stages of Warhammer Online's closed beta.

Bad news as of 12:13 p.m. eastern time is that the SW:TOR site is currently down for maintenance.

Now, a big question will be how they will actually pick their testers. Community involvement is a huge thing for them, but a lot of gamers don't want to be involved in all of that speculation and drama. Will BioWare overlook potential testers who have little-to-no involvement with the community up to this point? There is merit in picking some of the best contributors from their forum community.

I just hope they'll have mercy upon me. I have ideas, I want to test, I know how to track issues and I feel I have a good grasp on the universe they are attempting to recreate within their game. And yeah, I have some experience.

Hope and pray... Hope and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment